A lot of effort has been put to be able to land Unity 7 with 100 scopes and all the touch stacks into saucy. We'll try to have all those awaited and desired components landed as soon a possible to it. The excellent news is that we are on the finish line for it :)
With a joined cross-team effort by landing all pre-requisites (Qt, hybris, ofono), and switching part of the stacks, I'm currently rebuilding all of them (but put them in manual publishing mode for safety) targeting saucy, bound to otto (UTAH replacement, more on that later this week) to get build and tests results.
As all changes are intermixed (autopilot 1.3, new hud…), we have to land everything within the day or nothing. Some archive admins are ready to jump on every new packages appearing the new scopes that will enter main (touch will stay in universe for now) are already pre-MIRed.
I'm getting the first results of those rebuilds, but not everything is up to date yet. What I'm seeing from now blocking us are:
- some tests are failing in the apps stack, some merge requests from Olivier are under review as we speak.
- some packages fails to build in the indicator stack, Mathieu is looking at them. We'll only get tests result for indicators, hud and so all touch apps, and unity after that with latest and greatest
- bamf has a build-dep in universe, Mathieu is workarounding that, then, upstream needs to file a MIR if we want that in main.
- the more annoying part is webcredentials have some tests failing once switched to saucy. Some fixes already went it, but Ken and Alberto will finish tomorrow morning to get that under control. As touch apps are now depending on it, this can introduce some delays.
Some new components are coming (telepathy-ofono, dee-qt, powerd, dbus-cpp, location-service), but they are not on the critical path for this landing. They will be handled before the end of week though.
For components maintainers, just a not now that your package will enter ubuntu (from the daily release process):
- the automated generated changelog always list all commits and bugs from "last from the same source". We were before releasing in the "next" ppa, so you saw commit messages merged back in the changelog from the latest release into the next ppa
- now that the target in saucy, you will see the first upload relisting everything that is new to saucy, meaning all commits for new components (special case if you have a bootstrap commit message, it will be until the bootstrap) or since latest upload to raring. (http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/phablet-tools/trunk/revision/100)
This is of course, only for the first upload, then, you will have all your commits listed as diff, as usual.
Happy 100 scopes and touch landing! You will get a following email once all is done. :)