Today we have reached a point when our Qt 5.4 packages are finally
built on all architectures — so I decided to post a quick update
on the current Qt 5.4 status.
Disclaimer: we are still far from "ready for being uploaded to
vivid archive" state. That will happen only when Qt 5.4.1 packages
are ready and all blocking bugs are fixed.
* All the initial Qt 5.4 packaging was done by Timo Jyrinki.
* qtwebsockets tests failure has been fixed, thanks to Helge Deller.
* stellarium and qtserialport build failures have been fixed, thanks
to Łukasz Zemczak.
* some touch-related packages have been rebuilt against Qt 5.4
(Dmitry Shachnev, Łukasz Zemczak).
* some Qt packages have been synced/merged from Debian experimental
The full list of Qt 5.4 bugs is available at
The most important bugs are:
* qtbase tests failures
* ubuntu-ui-toolkit tests failures
* unity8 behaviour bugs
Help with dealing with all these bugs is always welcome.
Updating to Qt 5.4
The Qt 5.4 packages are available in ppa:ci-train-ppa-service/landing-005.
These packages are unstable and may break your system.
That PPA is regularly synced with archive, so that all packages there
are re-built against Qt 5.4.
Upgrade instructions for both mobile devices and desktop are available at
Please test these packages and report any bugs you find (tagged with