I have no reason to object to this proposal, as it only makes life a
little easier for me. I've leave it to others to debate any downsides
from an archive management perspective.
I just sponsored an ntp merge but missed that pps-tools is in universe
(now build depended in a delta to fix bug 1512980). So it is stuck in
dep-wait in xenial-proposed now. At a cursory glance it needs the
build-depends for headers only. I could file an MIR, but shall I leave
it pending the outcome of this proposal?
I thought I'd mention it as it is stuck in proposed with no binaries at
the moment, and feature freeze is approaching.