Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Server team meeting minutes: 2016-10-18

Full agenda and log:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20161018


Review ACTION points from previous meeting
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:03.

No Status: (jamespage) checkin with old iscsitarget users on relevancy with new kernels


Yakkety Development
The discussion about "Yakkety Development" started at 16:05.

LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/ReleaseSchedule
LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core
LINK: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-y-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server


Release Bugs (16:09)

Need to update this for Zesty


Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
The discussion about "Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)" started at 16:11.

LINK: http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-x-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
Everything looks covered at the moment


Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)" started at 16:12.

LINK: https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/
Finished yakkety ISO testing
Focus on cloud-init integration test development


Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)

No update


The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)" started at 16:14.

No update


Upcoming Call For Papers
The discussion about "Upcoming Call For Papers" started at 16:15.

LINK: http://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/
CFP for OSCON is Oct 25
FOSDEM is Oct 31.


Ubuntu Server Team Events
The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:20.

No updates


Open Discussion
The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:23.

cpaelzer brought up QEMU 2.5 micro releases
cpaelzer brought up VNIC offloads
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#New_upstream_microreleases fwiw, MRE is for (aiui) bugfix microreleases upstream
ACTION: cpaelzer investigating severity of issues covered by qemu 2.5. stable releases and ask other Teams on their input
LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjlyutCppcU&list=PLrninrcyMo3IkTvpvM2LK6gn4NdbFhI0G&index=10
ACTION: cpaelzer will try to ask Stephen Hemminger for more data on the netdev presentation
ACTION: powersj to update agenda to remove yakkety add in zesty
LINK: http://www.linux-kvm.org/images/d/df/02x11-AspenMario_Smarduch-Migrating_NFV_applicatoins_to_KVM_Guest.pdf


Assigned merges/bugwork (rbasak)
The discussion about "Assigned merges/bugwork (rbasak)" started at 16:43.

Please update sheet
Remove this topic from copy/paste commands


Announce next meeting date, time and chair
The discussion about "Announce next meeting date, time and chair" started at 16:44.

--
Joshua Powers
Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[email protected]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel