Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Server team meeting minutes: 2017-02-21

== Meeting information ==   * #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-team, 21 Feb at 16:00 — 16:31 UTC   * Full logs at [[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-02-21-16.00.log.html]]        == Meeting summary ==    === Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===  The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:00.      * ''LINK:'' https://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-02-14-16.00.html     * rbasak completed MRs    * rbasak to work with powersj on seeds (iotop & nicstat)    * ''ACTION:'' rbasak to work with powersj on seeds (iotop & nicstat)    * jgrimm reviewed server packages for new/missing MRs    * ''ACTION:'' jgrimm to review server packages for new/missing items that need merging    === Zesty Development ===  The discussion about "Zesty Development" started at 16:06.      * ''LINK:'' https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core    * '''blueprints''' (16:07)    * ''LINK:'' https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core     * postgres 9.6 not ready for zesty, stick with 9.5 for zesty    * ''ACTION:'' nacc to file bug to remove 9.6 from zesty-proposed    * ''ACTION:'' jgrimm to add python-django FFE to server blueprint    * ensure to add link to FFE for server-related packages to the blueprint (servercloud-z-server-core)   * '''Release Bugs''' (16:14)    * ''LINK:'' http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-z-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server     * no items of interest at this time    === Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou) ===  The discussion about "Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)" started at 16:16.      * SRU are pending for : ifupdown, systemd, sosreport, cups, multipath-tools, sssd    * DONE Qemu (3/2) 1587039 1640382 1655225 Libvirt (1/4) 1637601 1659769 1620407 1641618 Postgres (3/1) 1664478    * INPROGRESS Qemu (2/1) 1641532 Qemu (2/4) 1490611 1646240 1660946 1664622 pg-repack (1/1) 1664478 Libvirt (1/4) 1665410 + one more that needs analysis    * ''ACTION:'' rharper to verify systemd in bug #1649931    === Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj) ===  The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)" started at 16:20.      * ''LINK:'' https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/     * qa to inspect curtin-vmtest failures this week    === Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee) ===  The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)" started at 16:23.      * None    === Upcoming Call For Papers ===  The discussion about "Upcoming Call For Papers" started at 16:23.      * ''LINK:'' https://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/     * no discussion    === Ubuntu Server Team Events ===  The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:25.      * nothing mentioned    === Open Discussion ===  The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:26.      * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/CoreVirtualizationPackaging     * cpaelzer brought up additional information around qemu/libvirt machine type migration, requests feedback    === Announce next meeting date, time and chair ===  The discussion about "Announce next meeting date, time and chair" started at 16:30.      * Meeting again in a week, roughly: date -d "+1 week -30 minutes" -> Tue Feb 28 10:00:59 CST 2017    * Chair will be powersj