Monday, 12 March 2018

Re: git-ubuntu 0.7.3 in edge/candidate/stable channels [Was Re: git-ubuntu 0.7.1 in edge/candidate/stable channels]

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 2:00 PM, Nish Aravamudan
<> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Nish Aravamudan
> <> wrote:
>> On 28.02.2018 [21:33:38 -0800], Nish Aravamudan wrote:
>>> Hello all!
>>> I am happy to announce the release of git-ubuntu 0.7.1 to all channels
>>> today.
>> I encountered some unfortunate issues with snapcraft that hit
>> xenial-updates just as I was building (LP: #1752481) and then realized
>> we needed to snap the archive keyrings in order to verify recent archive
>> files (LP: #1752656). I then made a typo fixing the latter, so we're now
>> at 0.7.3. This should build successfully in all channels shortly.
>> Thanks to Sergio Schvezov for the snapcraft assist and Steve Langasek
>> for the keyring suggestion.
> Well, it didn't quite go as planned. I found another bug (so we're at
> 0.7.4) and also the snapcraft fix didn't resolve all the issues. So
> I'm temporarily using a PPA that reverts the xenial-updates of
> snapcraft back to 2.35.
> Kyle Fazzari is working on a proper fix, but if it's not able to get
> done soon, we might back out the snapcraft SRU in xenial-updates.

For completeness, we ended up backing out the snapcraft SRU via a
re-upload of 2.35 to xenial-updates. The snapcraft team is working on
fixes to the bugs found.

Meanwhile, a mass reimport ran last week and the existing whitelist +
1% of main was reimported. This resulted in 905 successful imports and
5 failed imports. The latter 5 will presumably be broken for a while,
as we focus on upping our phasing before resolving those issues (LP:

I am working right now on an issue with our default repository
repointing script.

Additionally, roughly 150 manual imports remain in the
~usd-import-team space, but those source packages were never added to
the whitelist. They need to be reimported, as well (and added to the
whitelist). I am waiting to ensure that there are no pending MPs for
those source packages before reimporting.

Once that is done, we will start the 'keep-up' script again, which
will spend some time catching up the repositories based upon Launchpad
publishes since the mass reimport.

Finally, we will then look to bump our phasing to 2% (of main), to
approximate the disk usage as the phasing increases.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through this process.


ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: