Today we are announcing our second [Ubuntu App Showdown!]. Contestants
will have six weeks to build and publish their apps using the new Ubuntu
SDK and Ubuntu Touch platform. Both original apps and ported apps,
native and HTML 5, will qualify for this competition.
The winners of this contest will each receive an **LG Nexus 4 phone**
running [Ubuntu Touch] with their application pre-installed.
Furthermore, each of the winners will have an opportunity to have their
app included in the default Ubuntu install images for phones and
tablets. All valid entries will also become available for install on
Ubuntu Touch devices from the Apps lens in the Dash, using the new Click
packages and Software Center submission process.
All valid entries will also become available for install on Ubuntu Touch
devices from the Apps lens in the Dash, using the new Click packages and
Software Center submission process.
The jury will be composed by a team of five judges:
- **Jono Bacon**, Ubuntu Community Manager
- **Joey-Elijah Sneddon**, writer and editor-in-chief of OMG!Ubuntu
- **Lisette Slegers**, User Experience Designer at Canonical
- **Nekhelesh Ramananthan**, Ubuntu Touch Core App developer
- **Bill Filler**, Engineering Manager for the Phone & Tablet App Team
# Review criteria
The jury will judge applications according to the following criteria:
- **General Interest** - apps that are of more interest to general
phone users will be scored higher. We recommend identifying what
most phone users want to see, and identifying gaps that your app
- **Features** - a wide range of useful and interesting features.
- **Quality** - a high quality, stable, and bug-free application
- **Design** - your app should harness the [Ubuntu Design
Guidelines] so it looks, feels, and operates like an Ubuntu app.
- **Awareness / Promotion** - we will award extra points to those of
you who blog, tweet, facebook, Google+, and otherwise share updates
and information about your app as it progress.
If you are not a programmer and want to share some ideas for cool apps,
be sure to [add and vote apps on our reddit page].
# How To Enter
The contest is **free to enter and open to everyone**. The six week
period starts on the **Wed 7th August 2013**!
Enter the Ubuntu App Showdown:
Looking forward to seeing all your cool apps!
[Ubuntu App Showdown!]: http://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown/
[Ubuntu Touch]: http://www.ubuntu.com/phone
[Ubuntu Design Guidelines]: http://design.ubuntu.com/apps
[add and vote apps on our reddit page]:
Ubuntu App Development Liaison
http://gplus.to/dplanella / @dplanella
www.ubuntu.com / www.davidplanella.org
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel