Am Freitag, den 21.03.2014, 14:09 +0100 schrieb Alexander Sack:
> >> The TRAINCON levels that were discussed at UDS are:
> >> - TRAINCON-2 - everything green, normal landing rules apply
> >> - TRAINCON-1 - no promotion for 2 days, restricted landing rules that
> >> avoids risks and fastpath regression fixes apply
> >> - TRAINCON-0 - no promotion for 5 days, regression fixes only rules apply
> So, you seem to suggest to go back to TRAINCON-1 so we can resume
> careful landings.
> what's not clear to me is what you suggest wrt to blocking promotion.
> Please confirm whether its 1. or 2.:
> 1. declare this issue a non-blocker for one promotion, but a blocker
> for next promotion?
> 2. continue block promotion, but keep landings flowing which would
> risk delay promotion even if we find a fix today/monday?
I was suggesting 1.) for this special case. Get out one image that
contains the issue, let users know that it is there and block further
promotion of images until we have a fix for the root cause (but keep
landings going (and images green indeed) so we don't produce a to large
This should give the rest of the distro the freedom to move on with beta
Indeed we need to make clear that this exception is only done because we
are in a special situation currently.