On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Oliver Grawert <email@example.com> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 21.03.2014, 14:09 +0100 schrieb Alexander Sack:
>> >> The TRAINCON levels that were discussed at UDS are:
>> >> - TRAINCON-2 - everything green, normal landing rules apply
>> >> - TRAINCON-1 - no promotion for 2 days, restricted landing rules that
>> >> avoids risks and fastpath regression fixes apply
>> >> - TRAINCON-0 - no promotion for 5 days, regression fixes only rules apply
>> So, you seem to suggest to go back to TRAINCON-1 so we can resume
>> careful landings.
>> what's not clear to me is what you suggest wrt to blocking promotion.
>> Please confirm whether its 1. or 2.:
>> 1. declare this issue a non-blocker for one promotion, but a blocker
>> for next promotion?
>> 2. continue block promotion, but keep landings flowing which would
>> risk delay promotion even if we find a fix today/monday?
> I was suggesting 1.) for this special case. Get out one image that
> contains the issue, let users know that it is there and block further
> promotion of images until we have a fix for the root cause (but keep
> landings going (and images green indeed) so we don't produce a to large
> This should give the rest of the distro the freedom to move on with beta
> Indeed we need to make clear that this exception is only done because we
> are in a special situation currently.
Thanks. Yes, what you suggest was one of the options we also had
considered at length. Team decision however ended up being to not do
it, but continuously listen and revisit as more data arrives.
On the front of data, we haven't seen much new. For instance we only
know about a single case where this "all halt" event has negative
impact; so please speak up if you are affected.
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel