Friday, 21 March 2014

Re: [Ubuntu-phone] ANN: TRAINCON-0 - CITRAIN all stop starting Friday

Am Freitag, den 21.03.2014, 09:26 -0400 schrieb Rick Spencer:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Oliver Grawert <>
> wrote:
> hi,

> I was suggesting 1.) for this special case. Get out one image
> that
> contains the issue, let users know that it is there and block
> further
> promotion of images until we have a fix for the root cause
> (but keep
> landings going (and images green indeed) so we don't produce a
> to large
> backlog).
> This should give the rest of the distro the freedom to move on
> with beta
> preparation.
> Indeed we need to make clear that this exception is only done
> because we
> are in a special situation currently.
> If we do this, I think we should wait until upstream confirms that the
> bug is, in fact, upstream, and use their analysis for input in how to
> proceed.
I still think we should set a deadline for a decision this evening (and
either promote an image with notice or not promote one).

Many of the voluntary devs that help with distro do work on the weekend,
blocking uploads for the weekend right before beta is simply harmful for
desktop, flavours and the archive. If upstream decides it is not their
bug we will have to deliver a distro patch anyway since this behavior is
unacceptable for our use case. So while I think it is an interesting
data point to hear what upstream thinks, it doesn't change the
seriousness of the bug itself for us, only the place where it has to be