August 15 through August 21
##Development (Artful / 17.10)##
We intend to target a 4.13 kernel for the Ubuntu 17.10 release. The
artful kernel is now based on Linux 4.12. The Ubuntu 17.10 Kernel Freeze
is Thurs Oct 5, 2017.
* The 4.12 kernel is available in the archive for Artful 17.10. It is
based on upstream v4.12.8.
* The Artful staging kernel repository has been updated to 4.13-rc5.
* Xen has been updated to 4.9 in Artful this week.
##Stable (Released & Supported)##
* The following kernel snaps have been uploaded to the snapcraft store:
* Current cycle: 04-Aug through 26-Aug
04-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
07-Aug - 12-Aug Kernel prep week.
13-Aug - 25-Aug Bug verification & Regression testing.
28-Aug Release to -updates.
* Next cycle: 25-Aug through 16-Sep
25-Aug Last day for kernel commits for this cycle.
28-Aug - 02-Sep Kernel prep week.
03-Sep - 15-Sep Bug verification & Regression testing.
18-Sep Release to -updates.
* Released stress-ng 0.08.11 (new inode flag stressor and minor fixes).
* If you would like to reach the kernel team, you can find us at the
channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Kernel
list at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* [The current CVE
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel