I have just finished my second Ubuntu +1 maintenance shift. There have
been some ups and downs again, with quite a few private-life
interruptions, but in overall I think it was okay. For the most of it,
I was trying to resolve issues mentioned on the +1 maintenance status
page  - from the "Ongoing transitions" section.
In there I have marked those that have been hopefully dealt with and
should now migrate, though this won't be instantly visible as the
arm64 and s390x autopkgtest queues are quite full.
An overview of things that I worked on:
* Looking into the pcs and python-tornado autohint. Thought of an easy
way to push this through, but it requires a new mitmproxy upstream
version (or cherry-picks for new tornado support) to proceed. There is
a bug in Debian about it.
* Sponsored gummi per maintainer request.
* python-traceback2 migration/transition: situation still not resolved
in Debian - discussions still in progress. Pushed a new unittest2 and
python-funcsigs to unblock from our side. Hopefully everything should
* Looked into the yara transition. Was confused why Steve's new
libguestfs was not pulled in by the autohinter so I added an easy hint
for it - only then noticed that it's because libguestfs still wasn't a
valid candidate (due to autopkgtests + the riscv64 build). Duh.
* nitrpc micro-transition: nfs-ganesha was FTBFS. Investigated the new
version in Debian, checked for any Ubuntu-specific changes that might
be needed. Synced and hopefully things should migrate once built.
* nautilus-python migration/transition: python2 removal, stuck due to
some reverse-depends. Adjusted deps of nautilus-owncloud and
gnome-shell-extension-gsconnect, converted folder-color to python3
(wanted to delete at first, but then ubuntu-mate has it in its
supported seed). Should migrate once built.
* Sponsored new initramfs-tools-devices for the HWE team.
* pycryptodome migration: promoted the python3-sphinx-rtd-theme binary
to main, as the source and all its dependencies were in main already.
* Some NBS cleanup work.
* Looking at autopkgtests for a few packages.
Things to hand off:
* pcs and python-tornado are still stuck in -proposed. Maybe someone
should just take a look at the PR from #959180  and cherry-pick
that to the Ubuntu mitmproxy package to unblock it on our side?
* I started looking at python-opengl NBS. This might be just fixed by
syncing a new debian-games from Debian, but we'd need to see if the
Ubuntu debian/control changes are still needed (and if yes, merge
* Making sure the above listed small transitions are indeed good and
migrate after all builds and tests finish.
Hopefully the next shift will be more productive.
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel