Wednesday, 18 May 2016

Server team meeting minutes: 2016-05-17

Version: GnuPG v2

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:06.

No ACTION points from previous meeting.

=== Yakkety Development ===
The discussion about "Yakkety Development" started at 16:07.

* ''LINK:''
* ''LINK:''
* ''ACTION:'' nacc to announce v1 importer to ubuntu server world
* '''Release Bugs''' (16:11)
* ''LINK:''

* nacc reported that his new git importer was nearly ready for testing. Useful for those on server team that have adopted common git based merge process. Took action to send email list with documentation/examples/call for testing.
* Example import

=== Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou) ===
The discussion about "Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)" started at 16:13.

* nacc is working Launchpad bug 997172 in smbldap-tools (Ubuntu) " not installed" [Undecided,Confirmed]
*,needs to understand whether SRU would allow for addition of an executable, will follow up with channel or rbasak

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges) ===
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)" started at 16:18.

Nothing to discuss.

=== Upcoming Call For Papers ===
The discussion about "Upcoming Call For Papers" started at 16:19.

No interesting CFPs. PyCon is at end of May.

=== Ubuntu Server Team Events ===
The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:21.


=== Open Discussion ===
The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:21.

jgrimm has been unsubscribing "Ubuntu Server" from Openstack packages (with approval from Openstack team), as that team has been split off for quite a while. Makes various reports much more useful as each team can find their 'work' (bugs, merges, etc). Next will be to audit remaining Ubuntu Server packages for packages that Openstack isn't subscribed to yet, but probably should be.

teward made everyone aware that he'd put out a call for testing in maybe a week - installation, and upgrade-from-current-version - for nginx.

=== Announce next meeting date, time and chair ===
The discussion about "Announce next meeting date, time and chair" started at 16:26.

Next meeting is Tuesday 2016-05-24 at 1600 UTC .. jamespage to chair